Pages

Friday 20 June 2014

Mutants and Masterminds

source
I've always thought of myself as a bit of a geek but recently I took my geekiness to a whole other level. A group of my writer friends and I have started a roleplaying game. Devised by our Game Master, but primarily based on a Marvel Universe game called Mutants and Masterminds, it involves us all spending several hours on the last Saturday of the month embracing our inner Superhero. And it's bloody good fun.

Anyway, I thought it might be cool to introduce you to my character. So meet Nymph, the alter ego of a Biochemist who has harnessed the unique effects of an immunotherapy treatment gone awry.

In her serum induced alternate form, she grows a bark-like covering to her skin, vines appear in her red hair and she develops some really nifty powers such as the ability to control insects and make vines grow from the floor and snare her enemies. Oh and she has a poison kiss.

I've never played any form of table top RPG before but I have to say I really wish I'd discovered them earlier. It reminds me almost of those Choose Your Own Adventure books I read as a kid. You never quite know what's going to happen next but the choices you make, the numbers you roll and the numbers your fellow players roll all determine the outcome. Our next session is a week tomorrow and I'm already excited enough to be dreaming about it (yes, I know, I have no life!)

Okay, this post didn't really have much of a point other than to give you a glimpse into my life. I hope you're all having a great Friday :)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I am liking the sound of your/Nymph's powers :) Those vines look pretty deadly xxx